Release and update date: July 17, 2023
Effective Date: July 17, 2023
BEA s.a. (Belgium) (Address: Liège Science Park, Allée des Noisetiers 5, B-4031 Angleur, Belgium, hereinafter referred to as “BEA” or “we”) is a BEA mobile application (hereinafter referred to as “App”) operator. These applications include the LZR Widescan and Orascan mobile application.
When you use our products and/or services, you understand and agree that we collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
When you use the App to register a BEA account, you need to provide the following information: your name, company, country, language, mobile phone number, email address, measurement units and the created login password. We collect the above information from you to provide you a personalized experience and ease the use of the BEA App. This information are needed to complete the registration of your BEA App account and protect your account security. Your email address and login password will be used to log in to your BEA account, your mobile phone number and your e-mail will be used to receive verification codes (by SMS and/or by e-mail), your company and account information will be used to identify your account access rights and link to selected “favorite configurations” that you will be saved on your BEA account. If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to create an account for you and provide you with normal services.
When you use the App to configure or debug BEA products, in order to ensure the normal implementation of the corresponding functions of BEA products and services, including account identification and permission verification, notification of application update information, improvement of product performance and user-friendliness, etc., you need to provide us with Your following information: Your device’s geographic environment and location information , BEA product serial numbers, software versions, configurati u on information, physical status (temperature, location, etc.), diagnostic reports, event and error logs, etc. If you refuse to provide such information, we will not be able to provide you with corresponding services, but it will not affect your use of other functions of BEA products and services. When we collect your location information, we will seek your consent separately. You can check the location permission status on your device, and you can turn it on or off at any time at your own discretion. You understand and agree that if you turn off the positioning function and stop our collection of your geographic location information, you may not be able to use the services we provide you based on geographic location or fail to achieve the expected results of related services.
In addition, according to relevant laws and regulations and national standards, we may process your relevant personal information without your authorization and consent in the following situations:
1) It is necessary for the personal information processor to perform legal obligations or legal duties;
2) Necessary for the conclusion and performance of a contract to which you are a party;
3) It is necessary to respond to public health emergencies, or to protect the life, health and property safety of natural persons in emergencies;
4) To deal with the personal information that you have disclosed by yourself or others that have been legally disclosed within a reasonable scope according to law;
5) Other circumstances stipulated by laws and administrative regulations.
We judge the storage period of personal information mainly by referring to the following standards and whichever is longer:
1) Complete the business functions you agree to use;
2) To ensure the safety and quality of our services to you;
3) A longer retention period agreed by you;
4) Are there other provisions for retention periods.
We will not share your personal information with any company, organization or individual other than BEA, except in the following cases:
1) Sharing with separate consent: After obtaining your separate consent in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, we will share your personal information with other parties.
2) Sharing under statutory conditions: We may share your personal information externally in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations, the need for litigation and dispute resolution, and the mandatory requirements of government authorities or judicial authorities in accordance with the law.
3) To the extent required or permitted by law, it is necessary to provide your personal information to third parties in order to protect the interests, property or safety of BEA and its users or the public from damage.
We currently do not share your personal information with third parties other than related parties. If we need to share your personal information with third parties other than related parties, we will seek your consent in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
We will not transfer your personal information to any company, organization or individual, except in the following cases:
1) Transfer with explicit consent: After obtaining your explicit consent, we will transfer your personal information to other parties;
2) When a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy liquidation is involved, if the transfer of personal information is involved, we will inform you of the recipient’s name or name and contact information, and require new companies and organizations that hold your personal information to continue to receive;
Otherwise, we will require the company or organization to seek your authorization and consent again.
We will only publicly disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
1) After obtaining your active choice and other individual consent;
2) Disclosure based on law: in the case of laws, legal procedures, lawsuits or mandatory requirements of government authorities, we may publicly disclose your personal information.
According to relevant laws and regulations, in the following situations, sharing, transferring and publicly disclosing your personal information does not require your prior authorization and consent:
1) Related to our performance of obligations under laws and regulations;
2) Necessary in accordance with the signing and performance of relevant agreements or other written documents with you;
3) It is necessary to respond to public health emergencies, or to protect the life, health and property safety of natural persons in emergencies;
4) Handle the personal information that you have disclosed by yourself or others that have been legally disclosed within a reasonable scope according to law;
5) Other situations stipulated by laws and regulations.
You agree and understand that in order to provide better services, our products may integrate or access third-party services, including SDK, API or H5.
At present, this App does not integrate third-party services for the time being.
We take the security of users’ personal information very seriously. To this end, we have adopted common data protection technologies and management measures in the industry, such as network isolation, data encryption, access control, identity authentication, malicious code prevention, security audit and other measures.
Please be aware that although we have taken reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with the law, no system or network is absolutely secure. If our physical, technical or management protection facilities are damaged, resulting in unauthorized access, public disclosure, tampering, or destruction of information, resulting in damage to your legitimate rights and interests, we will be liable to the extent required by law. We will try our best to pursue the legal responsibility of the infringer, and we hope that you will do your best to cooperate with our work.
In the event of an unfortunate personal information security incident, we will inform you in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations: the basic situation and possible impact of the security incident, the disposal measures we have taken or will take, suggestions that you can take to prevent and reduce risks, remedies for you, etc. We will inform you of the relevant circumstances of the event by one of the following option: email, letter, telephone, push notification or news publication within the app. When it is difficult to inform the personal information subjects one by one, we will publish announcements in a reasonable and effective way. At the same time, we will also report the handling of personal information security incidents in accordance with the requirements of regulatory authorities.
In accordance with relevant Belgian laws, regulations, standards, and common practices in other countries and regions, we guarantee that you exercise the following rights over your personal information:
You have the right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions provided by laws and regulations. If you want to exercise the data access right, you can access it by clicking the […] icon in the upper right corner and clicking [Profile] after logging in to the App. If you cannot access your personal information yourself, please contact customer service to access it, and we will process it within fifteen working days of receiving the request.
You have the right to ask us to make corrections when you find that the personal information we process about you is inaccurate. You can make corrections in the App by clicking the […] icon in the upper right corner and clicking [Profile]. If you are unable to correct your personal information yourself, please contact customer service to correct it, and we will process it within fifteen working days of receiving the request.
You have the right to update your personal information. If you need to change the mobile phone number, email, and password bound to your account, please click the […] icon in the upper right corner of the app and click [Profile] to change it yourself or contact customer service to change it, we will receive Processing within fifteen working days of the request.
In the following circumstances, you may request us to delete personal information, unless it has been anonymized or otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations:
1) We collect and use personal information in violation of laws and regulations or our agreement with you;
2) If we share or transfer your personal information with a third party in violation of laws and regulations or an agreement with you, we will immediately stop the sharing and transfer, and notify the third party to delete it in time;
3) If we publicly disclose your personal information in violation of laws and regulations or an agreement with you, we will immediately stop the public disclosure and issue a notice to require the relevant recipients to delete the corresponding information;
4) If our processing purpose has been achieved, cannot be achieved or is no longer necessary to achieve the processing purpose, including you no longer use our products or services, or you have cancelled your account, or we have terminated services and operations.
If we decide to respond to your deletion request, we will also notify entities that obtain your personal information from us in accordance with the provisions of laws, regulations and standard documents, and require them to delete them in a timely manner, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations, or these entities obtain your personal information independent authorization.
When you delete information from our service, we may not delete the corresponding information in the backup system immediately due to applicable laws and security technical restrictions, but we will store your personal information securely and limit any access to it. Further processing until the information is deleted or anonymized when the backup is updated.
Please understand that this App may need to enable some permissions and collect necessary personal information in order to achieve some services. When you withdraw your consent, we will not be able to continue to provide you with the functions and/or services corresponding to the withdrawal of consent, but will not affect the personal information processing services previously carried out based on your authorization.
You can cancel the previously registered account at any time, please send an email to [email protected] , we will provide you with account cancellation service after verifying your identity and clearing the assets in the account.
Your cancellation of the above account is irreversible. We will stop providing you with products or services, no longer collect your personal information, and delete or anonymize the personal information related to your account according to your request, but laws and regulations Unless otherwise specified or otherwise required by regulatory authorities.
You can obtain a copy of your personal information by emailing [email protected] and we will process it within fifteen working days of receiving the request.
For your reasonable request, in principle, we do not charge a fee, but for repeated requests that exceed a reasonable limit, we will charge a certain cost as appropriate. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repeated, require excessive technical means, pose risks to the legitimate rights and interests of others, or are very impractical.
We will not be able to respond to your request in the following circumstances:
1 ) related to our performance of obligations stipulated by laws and regulations;
2 ) Directly related to national security and national defense security;
3 ) Directly related to public safety, public health, and major public interests;
4 ) Directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and enforcement of judgments;
5 ) We have sufficient evidence to show that the subject of personal information has subjective malice or abuse of rights;
6 ) In order to protect the life, property and other major legitimate rights and interests of the personal information subject or other individuals, but it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual;
7 ) Responding to the request of the personal information subject will cause serious damage to the legitimate rights and interests of the personal information subject or other individuals or organizations;
8 ) Involving commercial secrets.
We will store user personal information collected within the Microsoft Azure cloud managed by BEA s.a.’s IT team in Belgium in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations.
Customer Service Tel: +32 4 361 65 65
Customer service email: [email protected]
After we receive your questions, comments or suggestions and verify your user identity, we will reply within fifteen working days. If you are not satisfied with our reply, especially if our personal information processing behavior has damaged your legitimate rights and interests, you can also make a complaint or report to the regulatory authorities such as the Internet, telecommunications, public security and industry and commerce, or to the jurisdiction where the defendant resides the right to file a lawsuit to seek a solution.